The 2014/2015 academic year has come to an end, and summer is finally upon us (despite the 15C maximum temperature today). It is time for me to prepare for the lecture/workshop for the “Research Methods in HCI” summer school! The summer school is jointly organised by Cyprus Interaction Lab and Institute of Informatics of Tallinn University, and will run from 6-10 July 2015. This event is sponsored by The Association for Computing Machinery (ACM). Please have a look at the summer school website.
Lecturers of the summer school course include:
– Dr. Chee Siang Ang, University of Kent (that would be me!)
– Dr. Duncan Brumby, UCLIC, University College London, UK
– Dr. Jettie Hoonhout, Philips Research, Netherlands
– Dr. Yiannis Laouris, Future Worlds Center, Cyprus
– Dr. Fernando Loizides, Cyprus Interaction Lab, Cyprus
– Rajiv (Raj) Arjan, Google, UK
The course will cover topics like:
1. Data collection approaches: experiments, interviews, questionnaires, observations, structured dialogue design.
2. Data analysis: quantitative data analysis (including statistical techniques), qualitative data analysis (including text, audio, video).
Look forward to Cyprus! 🙂